Blog

Follow breaking news, market trends and company developments.

Explore the stories below to not only learn more about what’s impacting and shaping the currency markets and payments industry, but also updates on everything happening here at GreenShootsFX.

Hedging Strategies and Solutions for Risk Averse Companies

06.16.21
The COVID pandemic impacted our economy significantly in 2020 – well, that’s kind of a redundant comment. As we continue through 2021 we’re still affected by the pandemic and there’s signs of normality on the horizon but the only thing...

Super Smart CFO Strategies for Hedging Foreign Exchange Risk

06.15.21
Surprisingly to many business owners, finance directors, and CFOs that we meet, the word “hedging” has a less than positive connotation, which is most likely because it brings to mind high-risk or complicated hedge fund strategies. But with the right...

Monthly GBP vs USD Update: June 2021

06.07.21
Mark gives his monthly currency update to Richard Taylor of Taylor & Taylor Financial Services USA LLC.
we are not a bank by design

We’re Not a Bank, By Design

06.03.21
GreenShootsFX is not a bank and we’re not planning to be. There’s no doubt that banks do play a pivotal role within the U.S. economy and regional banks specifically in their local economy, but the fact remains...
how we help import

How We Help Importers - A Scenario

05.19.21
ABC Company imports raw materials from Germany, UK, and China, which are used to manufacture wind turbines in Memphis, TN. 90% of the finished goods are sold domestically in the USA, with the remaining 10% being exported to Denmark and Australia. The...

Monthly GBP vs USD Update: May 2021

05.11.21
Mark gives his monthly currency update to Richard Taylor of Taylor & Taylor Financial Services USA LLC.  

How We Help Exporters - A Scenario

05.06.21
ABC Company manufactures wind turbines which are being exported to Denmark, invoicing their Danish clients in DKK, but exports to Australia are invoiced in USD. The CFO is happy with the sales revenue, the profit earned, and the inbound cash...
T&T Monthly Conversation - April 2021

Monthly GBP vs USD Update: April 2021

04.08.21
Mark gives his monthly currency update to Richard Taylor of Taylor & Taylor Financial Services USA LLC. (episode recorded March 25, 2021)
March T&T blog post

Monthly GBP vs USD Update: March 2021

03.11.21
Mark gives his monthly currency update to Richard Taylor of Taylor & Taylor Financial Services USA LLC.

Lessons Learned from Starting a Business

02.25.21
by Mark Ridley   GreenShootsFX is a fairly new endeavor. And now that we have months of business-launching experience under our belts, we want to share what we’ve learned.   Don’t assume. When we were investigating several platforms...